Contact Form

 

My name is Palestine............



My name is Palestine,

I am the land from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River.

I am the home and only home to my children, the Palestinians.

Poets celebrate my beauty, my culture and the courage of my children.

Painters sing to me their love, devotion and yearning.

Al-Quds is my beating heart. Haifa is my pearl on the Mediterranean.

Yafa is my heaven of oranges and Jasmines.

Acca is my haven of white domes. Beer Is-Sabe' is my princess of A-Naqab.

Nablus is my mountain of revolution. Gaza is my dignity, my courage and my steadfastness. Jenin is my resistance, my home of legends.

Safad is my daughter reaching out and embracing the sun.

Al-Khalil is my guardian of glory.

Beesan is my home of history, my roots reaching deep in time. 

Beit Lahim is my oasis of tranquility.

Al-Ramlah is my endless love of the olive tree.

Tabaria is my home of revolution against oppression.

Tulkarim is my sea of green and golden meadows. 

I am the mother of thousands of villages and towns and Bedouin localities.

I am the mother of 531 villages and towns that were erased off the world map, but not erased from my heart.

I am the mother of 531 villages and towns
forgotten by the world, but engraved in the collective memory of my children.

I am the mother of 531 villages and towns demolished and turned into ruins, but every stone is waiting to be rebuilt, every home waiting to be brought back to life.

I am the mother of tens of thousands, of millions of Palestinians.

I am the mother of the martyrs, the prisoners and the revolutionaries.

I am the mother of the farmers, the fishermen and the workers.

I am the mother of the writers, the poets and the painters.

I am the mother of heroes, the mother of legends, the mother of a mighty people.

I am the mother of those steadfast in my land, caring for the land, protecting the land. 

I am the mother of those holding on to the gun, to the stone, to the slingshot.

I am the mother of those raising my four colours high in the sky, celebrating my red, my green, my white and my black.

I am the mother of a people who refuse to surrender, refuse to forget and refuse to forgive the injustices done to me and to them.

I am Palestine...


Total comment

Author

Nissa

0   semut comel

Cancel Reply